Design Development and Management
Provides students with the opportunity to undertake a major piece of design work drawn from their major. Students will design, manufacture and document the process involved in the development of their design outcome. Students will submit both a portfolio and a product as an outcome to their work during the semester.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Identified a project drawn from their area of interest and apply appropriate design processes to its development.
2. Utilise appropriate research strategies to inform design decision making.
3. Document the design process employed to develop the product Use appropriate evaluation processes to evaluate both the product and the process used to develop it.
4. Use a range of graphic techniques to document the design and communicate the design process.
5. Presented their design process and planning in a Project Proposal.
6. Manufacture their design product.
7. Appropriately manage a major project
- Design documentation
- Graphic techniques for ideation and communication
- Design evaluation
- Design management
- Presentation of design concepts in Proposal and Portfolio
- Design decision making relating to manufacturing processes
This course replaces the following course(s): IDEA3450. Students who have successfully completed IDEA3450 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE3506.
Presentation: Proposal Presentation
Presentation: Final Presentation
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term