This course is structured on a design project that enables students to explore creativity in form making, using various digital design and rapid prototyping tools and techniques. Students will have the opportunity to learn and explore the latest digital design and rapid prototyping technologies such as haptic design interfaces, parametric design tools, 3D scanning devices, interactive displays, and 3D printing equipments. Reflecting on the current digital theories as introduced in the course and with the assistance of the leading-edge tools and techniques as exercised in the tutorials, students will produce a design that satisfies the given design brief and with a form that challenges common perceptions about the design with creative interpretation, abstraction and representation.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understanding major bodies of digital design theories.
2. Understanding the state-of-the-art digital design and prototyping tools and techniques.
3. Applying suitable digital design and prototyping tools and techniques for exploring reativity in design and form marking, critically reflecting main contemporary design theories.
- Contemporary digital design theories.
- Advanced digital design and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Generic design skills.
General to intermediate CAD skills.
Project: Project Concept
Project: Final Project
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term