Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2013
Introduces design collaboration and project management within the context of project development. Applies the design process to the development of a domestic product. Also involves students in project initiation and specification documentation.
1. Project initiation processes.
2. Develops collaborative design capacities.
3. Provides design process management strategies.
4. Applies effective design documentation processes to recording of design processes
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas:
1. Collaborative Design
2. Advanced workshop practices
3. Prototypes and their uses in the design process
4. Materials solution.
5. Learning Contracts
Modes of Delivery
Self Directed Learning
Studio: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term