Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013
Introduces students to the process of project development with a focus on the application of metals to design projects.
1. Introduces safety and basic workshop practices.
2. Introduces students to risk management processes and documentation.
3. Involves student in minor design projects.
4. Provides experience with metal joining procedures.
5. Effectively communicate technological information related to design problems
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas;
1 Metal Fabrication Techniques
2 Basic Metal Machining Processes
3 Defining the Relationship between Process and Materials
4 Defining the Relationship between Prototypes and Industrial Production
Modes of Delivery
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term