Introduces students to the process of project development with a focus on the application of metals to design projects.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Introduces safety and basic workshop practices.
2. Introduces students to risk management processes and documentation.
3. Involves student in minor design projects.
4. Provides experience with metal joining procedures.
5. Effectively communicate technological information related to design problems
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas;
- Metal Fabrication Techniques
- Basic Metal Machining Processes
- Defining the Relationship between Process and Materials
- Defining the Relationship between Prototypes and Industrial Production
Project: Hold & Amplify
Project: Alternate Tools
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 6 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 33 hour(s) per Term
Workshop 2 hours per week for 6 weeks Workshop 3 hours per week for 7 weeks Workshop induction for 3 hours per week 5 weeks.