Introduction to Design Practice
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013
Introduction to design process with focus on portfolio development. Also a formal introduction to workshop skills is presented and applied in the context of Design practice. Workshop safety and basic workshop practices and process are introduced. The relationship between prototypes and industrial production is defined. Risk assessment and management, with a specific focus on school design context.
1. Introduces the design process and applies it to minor projects
2. Introduces students to risk management processes and documentation.
3. Involves student in minor design projects.
4. Practices associated with design development and documentation.
5. Effectively communicate technological information related to design problems
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas;
1. Product design
2. Basic model making processes
3. Defining the Relationship between Process and Materials
4. Defining the Relationship between Prototypes and Industrial Production
5. Risk assessment and management
Modes of Delivery
Self Directed Learning
Studio: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term