Introduction to Design Practice
Introduction to design process with focus on portfolio development. Also a formal introduction to workshop skills is presented and applied in the context of Design practice. Workshop safety and basic workshop practices and process are introduced. The relationship between prototypes and industrial production is defined. Risk assessment and management, with a specific focus on school design context.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Introduces the design process and applies it to minor projects
2. Introduces students to risk management processes and documentation.
3. Involves student in minor design projects.
4. Practices associated with design development and documentation.
5. Effectively communicate technological information related to design problems
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas;
- Product design
- Basic model making processes
- Defining the Relationship between Process and Materials
- Defining the Relationship between Prototypes and Industrial Production
- Risk assessment and management
Written Assignment: Risk Management Documentation
Quiz: Risk Management Quiz
Project: Design Project
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 2 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 32 hour(s) per Term
2 hours per week for 7 weeks followed by 3 hours per week for 6 weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks