Building Codes and Compliance
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
|Distance Education - Callaghan||Semester 2|
|TMC Educational Group||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011
Explores the principles and practice of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australia Standards applicable to the construction processes and assessment of residential and non-residential buildings This course aims at developing students knowledge and skills in interpreting and applying the regulatory requirements, including recent changes in legislation and policy, for all buildings types as contained in the relevant codes and standards. It is also aimed at developing students understanding of theory and practice in building performance assessment and reporting.
At the completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australia Standards relating to construction and appraisal of all building types.
- Apply the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australia Standards relating to construction and appraisal of all building types.
- Produce a Building Code of Australia compliance report for a non-residential building.
- Produce a building condition survey report for a residential building.
- The National Construction Code, Australian Standards and the International Fire Engineering Guidelines.
- Building Code of Australia Volume One: including fire resistence, access and egree, fire services and equipment, health and amenity, energy efficiency.
- Building Code of Australia Volume Two: housing provisions including footings and slabs, fire safety, health and amenity, safe movement and access, energy efficiency.
- Building regulatory systems, certification processes, compliance assessments and industry reporting.
- The Building Surveying profession.
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks