Communication in the Built Environment 2
|Course code ARBE1103||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Architecture and Built Environment|
This course prepares the future generation of designers for industry. The course aims to develop the student's general understanding and practical skills in digital media for design, communication and documentation, including basic CAD modelling (3D) and the digital and analogue presentation (2D) of a selected project. This includes techniques to generate design presentations that demonstrate a good use of design principles as well as to generate drawings for the communication process with the building industry.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students should be able to:|
- develop general CAD modelling and drawings of a project (simple architectural design).
- apply basic digital design techniques to enhance CAD modelling, generating documents in 2D of a design suitable for council certification, tendering and construction drawings.
- generate working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, and details).
- create design presentations such as renderings and presentation drawings that demonstrate a good use of design principles.
These skills are the basic mode for communication in the building industry
|Content||The course requires no previous experience in the field. Learning activities will be structured based on the following key themes:|
- introduction to computer aided design
- the development of a basic CAD model
- manipulation and refinement of a CAD model
- output methods for generating 2D drawings for technical documentation
- digital and analogue design presentation methods
|Replacing Course(s)||Not applicable|
|Assumed Knowledge||ARBE1100 Communication in the Built Environment 1|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for ARBE1103|