Theory in Finance
|Course code ACFI4005||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
The course provides a detailed analysis of a selection of seminal and recent articles from the finance discipline.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate a detailed understanding of a selection of seminal articles from the finance discipline
2. Apply key methodological concepts in finance to empirical data.
|Content||This course will advance the objectives outlined above by exploring practical, theoretical and methodological issues in Finance, but the content of the coursework topics may vary from year to year depending on the number of students, their specific interests and the availability of staff. In particular topics will include:|
- The foundations of the finance discipline.
- Key methodological concepts in finance.
- The practical application of key concepts to empirical data.
|Assumed Knowledge||An undergraduate degree with at least a GPA of 5.0 with major in Finance or equivalent.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Seminar: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for ACFI4005|