In an increasingly global business world, awareness of the most important dimensions of international finance is vital. This course exposes you to the advanced aspects of corporate financial management in an international setting such as currency loans hedged with options and real exchange rates.
International Finance equips you with both the knowledge and the technical skills required to understand and analyse a range of relevant financial issues within the global environment.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Review the problems of dealing in foreign currency and the advantages and disadvantages of overseas funding
2. Recognise and calculate forward exchange rates given spot rates
3. Identify market conventions on exchange rate quotation and correctly calculate those quotations
4. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the foreign exchange market and the relationships between interest rates, spot and forward rates and expected inflation rates
5. Comprehend the range of hedging strategies including forward rate hedging and contingent hedging
6. Explain the use of futures and option contracts in hedging foreign exchange exposure
7. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise both quantitative and qualitative financial information to influence problem solving and decision making
8. Demonstrate the capacity to work independently and respond to change in a flexible adaptive manner.
9. Apply appropriate formats and technologies to financial communicaon.
Provides systematic analysis of issues in international fiance, such as the international financial system, institutions and market practices, exchange rate quotation and behaviour, the relationship between spot and forward exchange rates, interest rates and expected inflation rates, the measurement of foreign exchange risk, managing foreign exchange exposure, foreign currency futures and options and international investment.
ACFI2080 and one of the following courses STAT1060 or ECON1003
Quiz: Mid-Semester Quiz
Written Assignment: Individual Assignment
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks