Issues in Taxation
|Course code ACFI3070||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
Exposes students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation. The course covers State Taxes; Taxation of Primary Producers, Authors, Inventors & Sportspersons; Taxation of Superannuation Funds and the Superannuation Guarantee Scheme; International Taxation; Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion; Tax Planning; Taxation of Trusts and Minors; Australian Taxation Office Audits and Administration; Tax Agents Regulation; Collection of Income Tax; Penalties and Tax Reform.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the successful completion of the course it is intended you will be able to; |
1. Demonstrate specific knowledge of Australian income tax laws.
2. Access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.
3. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise information to solve tax problems.
4. Recognise, interpret and investigate tax planning issues in particular factual situations.
5. Communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers.
6. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of professional ethics and standards.
|Content||To expose students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.|
|Assumed Knowledge||ACFI3170 - Taxation in Australia|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for ACFI3070|