Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Exposes students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation. The course covers State Taxes; Taxation of Primary Producers, Authors, Inventors & Sportspersons; Taxation of Superannuation Funds and the Superannuation Guarantee Scheme; International Taxation; Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion; Tax Planning; Taxation of Trusts and Minors; Australian Taxation Office Audits and Administration; Tax Agents Regulation; Collection of Income Tax; Penalties and Tax Reform.
|Objectives||At the successful completion of the course it is intended you will be able to;
1. Demonstrate specific knowledge of Australian income tax laws.
2. Access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.
3. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise information to solve tax problems.
4. Recognise, interpret and investigate tax planning issues in particular factual situations.
5. Communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers.
6. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of professional ethics and standards.
|Content||To expose students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.|
|Assumed Knowledge||ACFI3170 - Taxation in Australia|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for ACFI3070|