Auditing and Assurance
In the absence of an independent audit, the users of financial statements would be constrained in respect of the amount of reliance that they could place on the financial statements. Consequently, the provision of an independent and professional audit opinion improves the quality and reliability of financial information presented to decision makers. The major conceptual and technical aspects of auditing are introduced, while emphasis is upon financial statement audits conducted under the Corporations Act 2001. Students will also be exposed to other types of audit and assurance activities while examining the legal, ethical and societal role and responsibilities of the auditor.
- Trimester 1 - 2016 (Singapore)
- Trimester 3 - 2016 (Singapore)
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Comprehend and apply the conceptual underlying theory of auditing;
2. Interrelate the legal, ethical and societal role and responsibilities of the auditor;
3. Demonstrate a practical awareness of professional auditing techniques;
4. Recognise and appraise contemporary auditing issues.
5. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise both quantitative and qualitative information to inform auditing theory and practice.
6. Research practice and issues impacting auditing and assurance, effectively communicating knowledge and outcomes in oral and written contexts.
This course introduces the major conceptual and technical aspects of auditing. Emphasis is placed on financial statement audits conducted under the Corporations Law. Provides insight into other types of audit and assurance activities. Emphasises the risk-based approach to auditing.
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Tutorial Assessment Tasks
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Assignment 1 - Case study
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Assignment 2 - Case study
Quiz: Mid Semester Quiz
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Callaghan, Ourimbah and UoN Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks starting in week 2