Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Australian income tax laws are complex and varied. This course introduces you to Australian income tax laws with specific emphasis on how to access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Act and related legislation. In addition you will be made aware of tax planning issues that exist in relevant personal and business environments and learn how to communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers. The graduate qualities of problem solving, decision making and communication are enhanced throughout.
|Objectives||At the successful completion of the course it is intended you will be able to;
1. Demonstrate specific knowledge of Australian Income Tax Laws.
2. Access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Act and related legislation.
3. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise information to solve tax problems.
4. Recognise, interpret and investigate tax planning issues in particular factual situations.
5. Communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers.
6. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of professional ethics and standards.
|Content||Lectures may include, but are not restricted to, the following topics:
1. International Taxation
2. Assessable Income Ordinary Income
3. Assessable Income Other Issues
4. Allowable Deductions General Deductions
5. Allowable Deductions Specific Deductions
6. Calculation of Individual Taxation
7. Depreciating Assets
8. Retirement Payments
9. Capital Gains Tax
10.Fringe Benefits Tax
11.Companies and Partnerships
12.Good and Services Tax
|Replacing Course(s)||This course replaces ACFI3170.|
|Transition||This course is not available to students who have successfully completed ACFI3170.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Not applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for ACFI3004|