|Course code ACFI3004||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
Australian income tax laws are complex and varied. This course introduces you to Australian income tax laws with specific emphasis on how to access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Act and related legislation. In addition you will be made aware of tax planning issues that exist in relevant personal and business environments and learn how to communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers. The graduate qualities of problem solving, decision making and communication are enhanced throughout.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the successful completion of the course it is intended you will be able to; |
1. Demonstrate specific knowledge of Australian Income Tax Laws.
2. Access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Act and related legislation.
3. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise information to solve tax problems.
4. Recognise, interpret and investigate tax planning issues in particular factual situations.
5. Communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers.
6. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of professional ethics and standards.
|Content||Lectures may include, but are not restricted to, the following topics:|
1. International Taxation
2. Assessable Income Ordinary Income
3. Assessable Income Other Issues
4. Allowable Deductions General Deductions
5. Allowable Deductions Specific Deductions
6. Calculation of Individual Taxation
7. Depreciating Assets
8. Retirement Payments
9. Capital Gains Tax
10.Fringe Benefits Tax
11.Companies and Partnerships
12.Good and Services Tax
|Replacing Course(s)||This course replaces ACFI3170.|
|Transition||This course is not available to students who have successfully completed ACFI3170.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Not applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for ACFI3004|