The course is a component of the Honours program in the Bachelor of Fine Art, where a student is able to select a specialisation including 2D Art (Painting, Drawing, Printmaking), 3D Art (Ceramics, Fibres/Textiles, Sculpture), Photomedia (Digital, Traditional) or Art Theory.
Together with AART4120, AART4130 and AART4140 the course is designed to allow students to develop a high professional standard in studio research, production, exhibition and written work or advanced written work in art theory. This course is studied in conjunction with AART4120 in full-time mode.
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. The ability to plan and to carry out independent research
2. The ability to select and administer appropriate methods for collecting and analysing relevant data
3. An understanding of different studio approaches, (materials, processes and techniques) and/or theoretical approaches in Fine Art
4. The ability to produce a body of artworks, and a related research paper or the ability to produce a critical theoretical paper.
Honours 1 will involve the analysis and critical evaluation of recent theoretical developments in the students area of Fine Art and will allow the student to develop a substantial proposal for a final body of studio and/or written work. In the Honours 1 program students will work under supervision to:
- Prepare a thesis proposal for both the studio component and/or written component which describes the area of research;
- Develop a sustained personal investigation into visual or written process which will manifest in the form of preparatory work in one, or more areas of 2D, 3D, Photomedia or Art Theory.
To have completed a Bachelor of Fine Art or equivalent with a Credit average in the discipline area.
Project: Draft proposal for an individual body of artwork and a supporting exegesis/ research paper
Presentation: Seminar Presentation
Face to Face On Campus 0.5 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Conversation in Art series
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term