Photomedia: Research and Practice
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Consolidates information, ideas and working attitudes in preparation for more individual projects and working practices.
1. A body of self-directed work supported by personal research will be encouraged by the studio staff;
2. The student will be expected to develop a personal vision and direction;
3. The student will gather research through the use of experimental and applied specialised workshops.
4. The student will produce a portfolio of self directed research;
5. Gather information pertaining to the students specific area of vocational or pedagogical study;
6. Present a work proposal for the timeframe and expected outcomes of individual study;
Topics may include:
1. Extension of the creative development of students;
2. Definition of the direction of personal approach;
3. Development of critical faculties for appraising contemporary art issues in the students' own work and in the work of others;
4. Encouragement of a creative and experimental approach to photomedia;
5. Examination of the relationship of the students' work to Australian visual culture;
6. Archival printing and output methods;
7. Health and safety.
Successful completion of AART2400 and AART2410 or equivalent
Modes of Delivery
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term