Photomedia: Research and Practice
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Consolidates information, ideas and working attitudes in preparation for more individual projects and working practices.
1. A body of self-directed work supported by personal research will be encouraged by the studio staff;
2. The student will be expected to develop a personal vision and direction;
3. The student will gather research through the use of experimental and applied specialised workshops.
4. The student will produce a portfolio of self directed research;
5. Gather information pertaining to the students specific area of vocational or pedagogical study;
6. Present a work proposal for the timeframe and expected outcomes of individual study;
|Content||Topics may include:
1. Extension of the creative development of students;
2. Definition of the direction of personal approach;
3. Development of critical faculties for appraising contemporary art issues in the students' own work and in the work of others;
4. Encouragement of a creative and experimental approach to photomedia;
5. Examination of the relationship of the students' work to Australian visual culture;
6. Archival printing and output methods;
7. Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART2400 and AART2410 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term