Builds on the student's knowledge of ceramic techniques through set projects and/or approved student initiated activities. Set projects emphasise limited production techniques for creating similar forms or identical forms repeatedly. Emphasis is placed on experimentation and the exploration of ideas.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. To consolidate and extend technical knowledge and practical skills;
2. To develop ceramic techniques as a means of creative expression within a contemporary framework;
3. To extend knowledge of ceramic forming, decorating and finishing works;
4. To develop visual research material as a resource.
Topics may include:
- Model Production;
- Slip-casting method;
- Plaster Mould making;
- Wheel Throwing;
- Use of ceramic equipment;
- Contemporary and historical ceramics;
- Research documentation;
- Health and safety.
Successful completion of AART1300, AART1310 or AART1600 (or equivalent)
Project: Studio Output
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term