Fosters creative work by students that uniquely expresses their conceptual concerns. This course aims to build on students knowledge of ceramic forming and finishing techniques through set projects and/or approved student initiated projects. Emphasis is placed in the utilisation of experimental processes and techniques of developing clays, forming methods and finishing.
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. To encourage an individual approach;
2. To consolidate and extend technical knowledge and practical skills;
3. To encourage a creative and experimental approach;
4. To develop ceramic techniques as a means of creative expression within a contemporary framework;
5. To extend knowledge of ceramic forming, decorating and finishing works;
6. To develop visual research material as a resource.
Topics may include:
- Clay and glaze technology;
- Firing techniques;
- Pneumatic extruding;
- Use of ceramic equipment;
- Contemporary and historical ceramics;
- Research documentation;
- Forming techniques;
- Health and safety.
Successful completion of AART1300 and AART1310
Project: Studio Output
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term