|Course code AART3360||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Fosters creative work by students that uniquely expresses their conceptual concerns. This course aims to build on students knowledge of ceramic forming and finishing techniques through set projects and/or approved student initiated projects. Emphasis is placed in the utilisation of experimental processes and techniques of developing clays, forming methods and finishing.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. To encourage an individual approach;|
2. To consolidate and extend technical knowledge and practical skills;
3. To encourage a creative and experimental approach;
4. To develop ceramic techniques as a means of creative expression within a contemporary framework;
5. To extend knowledge of ceramic forming, decorating and finishing works;
6. To develop visual research material as a resource.
|Content||Topics may include:|
Clay and glaze technology;
Use of ceramic equipment;
Contemporary and historical ceramics;
Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART1300 and AART1310|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for AART3360|