Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Fosters creative work by students that uniquely expresses their conceptual concerns. This course aims to build on students knowledge of ceramic forming and finishing techniques through set projects and/or approved student initiated projects. Emphasis is placed in the utilisation of experimental processes and techniques of developing clays, forming methods and finishing.
|Objectives||1. To encourage an individual approach;
2. To consolidate and extend technical knowledge and practical skills;
3. To encourage a creative and experimental approach;
4. To develop ceramic techniques as a means of creative expression within a contemporary framework;
5. To extend knowledge of ceramic forming, decorating and finishing works;
6. To develop visual research material as a resource.
|Content||Topics may include:
Clay and glaze technology;
Use of ceramic equipment;
Contemporary and historical ceramics;
Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART1300 and AART1310|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term