Paper as Form
|Course code AART3340||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Introduces students to a range of techniques and processes using paper media 3-dimensionally and the many possibilities it offers for creative expression within a contemporary framework. Experiences will embrace historical, theoretical, technical and conceptual dimensions.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. To explore the expressive possibilities of paper in the creation of 3-D forms;|
2. To establish relevant knowledge and practical skills;
3. To stimulate creative interest in paper as an integral element of 3-dimensional expression;
4. To examine and highlight the use of paper in art forms in historical and contemporary practice;
5. To examine traditional paper forming techniques and application and their relevance to contemporary practice;
6. To develop visual research materials a resource.
|Content||Topics may include:|
Colouration (dye, pigment);
Bookbinding (western, oriental) artists books;
3-D moulding, casting, spraying;
Collage and assemblage;
Mixed and multi media experimentation;
Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART1300, AART1310, and AART1500 (or equivalent)|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for AART3340|