Photomechanical Methods in Print
|Course code AART3240||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course encourages an understanding of the use of light as a means of creating images in etching, lithography and silkscreen printing. The development of appropriate imagery generated photographically, digitally or manually is integral to this course. There is an emphasis on the print in a contemporary context, the development of critical skills and studio-based knowledge of sound printmaking practices.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. To consider the creative and technical potential of all photo and digitally devised imagery for Printmaking;|
2. To encourage and extend creative development as a printmaker through a self-structured program designed in consultation with lecturers;
3. To promote an awareness of contemporary art ideas, theories, practices and techniques;
4. To develop appropriate visual research practices and material.
|Content||Topics may include:|
1. Techniques and materials used to apply photography in printmaking;
2. Research and documentation skills linking photography to all printmaking media;
3. Investigation of such techniques as tone separation, colour reduction and colour separation methods in silkscreen, block printing, etching and lithography;
4. Image manipulation through digital technology;
5. Appropriate use of colour in printmaking;
6. Cowtoxicity and alternative printmaking processes;
7. Projects to promote the importance and relevance of the world of ideas to the image making process;
8. Preparation of relevant research material in the form of studios diaries, working drawings and technical notes;
9. Exhibition procedures, mounting, framing and presentation of prints;
10. Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART1500.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for AART3240|