|Course code AART3230||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Takes a more focussed view of the possibilities of image making in the context of an interdisciplinary approach to painting. An experimental approach to media is used to discover the limits and extensions possible so that students become confident in techniques leading to a more selective and personal use of creative painting media.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. To break down the boundaries between specific discipline practices;|
2. To introduce the contemporary framework within which hybrid art forms function;
3. To present students with a selected and extended range of media, techniques, formats and creative contexts;
4. To continue developing visual research material as a resource.
|Content||Topics may include:|
1. Post-modernist approach to the use of media images, advertisements, T.V and movie stills;
2. Process orientated imagery;
3. Reconstruction and simulation of an image or surface;
4. Mechanical reproduction using reprographic tools;
5. Collage, montage and assemblage;
6. Found images, objects and three-dimensional constructions;
7. Critical observation and articulation to identify the general and particular concerns of individual students;
8. Research skills and developing a working process and resource usage (notebooks, journals, libraries and galleries);
9. Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART1230 and AART1240 (or equivalent).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for AART3230|