Painting Concepts, Modes and Media
Experimentation and exploration of ideas and technical approaches are emphasised. Students undertake more complex structured projects which refine technical and conceptual competence in the light of contemporary painting practice, introducing them to the development of individual creative attitudes and approaches.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2014.
1. To evaluate and consolidate practical skills in painting;
2. To develop further visual research of concepts, materials and applications within a contemporary framework and related to the history and theory of painting;
3. To present students with a selected and extended range of media, techniques, formats and creative contexts;
4. To continue developing visual research material as a resource.
Topics may include:
- Content, style and technique;
- Figurative and non-figurative painting modes;
- Investigation and exploration of non-conventional media and grounds;
- Consideration of the poetic and literary links with painting concepts;
- Research skills and developing a working process and resource usage (notebooks, journals, libraries and galleries);
- Critical forums for students own work;
- Critical discussion of contemporary issues relating to contemporary art;
- Critical discussion on individual student work on choices of relevant material, improving their skill base and general conceptual development;
- Health and safety.
Successful completion of AART1230 and AART1240 (or equivalent).
Journal: Studio Journal
Project: Studio Production
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term