2-D Art: Selected Themes and Approaches
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This course encourages students to develop substantial self-selected projects in areas such as drawing, painting and/or printmaking.
|Objectives||1. To enable pursuit of a sustained self-structured working program;
2. To further encourage individual concepts, ideas, themes and approaches;
3. To maintain individual practice in relation to relevant historical and theoretical aspects of 2-D art practices;
4. To prepare students for further study at postgraduate level and/or for careers as professional artists.
|Content||Topics may include:
1. Self-directed topics, themes and technical approaches;
2. Devising, framing and organising self-directed projects, proposal writing;
3. Compilation of extensive and appropriate research documentation;
4. Consideration of alternative and experimental possibilities;
5. Health and Safety and ethical factors pertinent to the chosen projects;
6. Critical seminars of completed projects and associated research;
7. Study of exhibition/publication precedents of relevance;
8. Professional display and recording techniques.
9. Health and safety.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of AART3200 (or equivalent).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term