Creative 2D Practice
|Course code AART1270||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Using Critical Studies 2 as a conceptual frame, and drawing, exploring expanded concepts involving observational and experimental approaches, as an integral language and a research methodology, this course is a developed and structured enquiry into the expressive potential of two-dimensional (2D) creativity. The course extends a wider range of materials and processes in drawing, painting or printmaking highlighting the significance of 2D practices. This foundation experience expands cultural, historical, contemporary, theoretical and conceptual dimensions of these art forms.
Not available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of this course a student will be able to:|
1. Create, from a variety of materials, and by a variety of means, developed visually resolved 2D forms.
2. Explore and apply a wide variety of 2D studio specific tools and materials confidently, competently and safely while engaged in 2D processes both in tutorials and through independent research.
3. Demonstrate a developed knowledge of the cultural, historical and contemporary contexts of 2D forms evidenced
4. Contextualise their own work materially and theoretically through an analysis of other artists’ 2D imagery.
|Content||1. The processes of 2D art making are undertaken through a variety of themes and approaches exploring and understanding physical and conceptual material. |
2. Exploration of the elements and principles of 2D art: including materials and technology; colour and tone; shape, form and content; composition; Occupational Health and Safety.
3. Facilitate interest in the creative possibilities of drawing, painting or printmaking practices.
4. An investigation of visual language and related History/Theory within a contemporary 2D framework to develop fundamental critical and analytical skills.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term