Creative Practice 2D
Using Critical Studies 2 as a conceptual frame, and drawing and exploring expanded concepts involving observational and experimental approaches as an integral language and a research methodology, this course is a developed and structured enquiry into the expressive potential of two-dimensional (2D) creativity. The course extends a wider range of materials and processes in drawing, painting or printmaking highlighting the significance of 2D practices. This foundation experience expands cultural, historical, contemporary, theoretical and conceptual dimensions of these art forms.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Create, from a variety of materials, and by a variety of means, developed visually resolved 2D forms.
2. Explore and apply a wide variety of 2D studio specific tools and materials confidently, competently and safely while engaged in 2D processes both in tutorials and through independent research.
3. Demonstrate a developed knowledge of the cultural, historical and contemporary contexts of 2D forms evidenced
4. Contextualise their own work materially and theoretically through an analysis of other artists' 2D imagery.
- The processes of 2D art making are undertaken through a variety of themes and approaches exploring and understanding physical and conceptual material.
- Exploration of the elements and principles of 2D art: including materials and technology; colour and tone; shape, form and content; composition; Occupational Health and Safety.
- Facilitate interest in the creative possibilities of drawing, painting or printmaking practices.
- An investigation of visual language and related History/Theory within a contemporary 2D framework to develop fundamental critical and analytical skills.
This course is only available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Fine Art or Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Art or Bachelor of Teaching (Fine Art) (Honours) programs.
Portfolio: Studio Practice Portfolio
Journal: Research Journal
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks