Creative Enquiry 2D
|Course code AART1230||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Using Critical Studies as a conceptual frame, and drawing as an integral language and a research methodology, this course is a structured enquiry into the expressive potential of two-dimensional (2D) creativity. The course introduces a basic range of materials and processes in drawing, painting or printmaking highlighting the significance of 2D practices. This foundation experience embraces cultural, historical, contemporary, theoretical and conceptual dimensions of these art forms.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of this course a student will be able to:|
1. Create, from a variety of materials and by a variety of means, basic 2D forms in response to the project briefs.
2. Employ tools and materials in a confident, competent and safe manner while engaged in 2D processes both in tutorials and independently.
3. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the cultural, historical and contemporary contexts of 2D forms
4. Research and apply basic theoretical and conceptual principles of 2D art practice.
|Content||1. Introduction to materials and processes of two-dimensional art making.|
2. Thinking in two dimensions: elements and principles of 2D art.
3. Basic understanding of historical, theoretical and conceptual underpinnings of contemporary two-dimensional art practice.
4. Current issues in art Occupational Health and Safety.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 weeks|
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for AART1230|