City in Transition
The 'Newcastle: City in transition' discussions bring together local and international innovators and experts to examine and imagine the future of Newcastle and the region.
The first discussion featured architect Emily Marthinsen, Assistant Vice-Chancellor, Physical and Environmental Planning at the University of California, Berkeley – a top 10 university in the world. UC Berkeley has major capital projects underway, including development projects with City of Berkeley and private partners.
Ms Marthinsen was joined by local leaders:
- Sharon Claydon MP, Federal Member for Newcastle
- Marcus Westbury, Director of Renew Australia
- Ken Gouldthorp, General Manager, Newcastle City Council
- Trent Bagnall, Founder of Slingshot Business Accelerator
- David Antcliff, Project Manager, Urban Growth NSW
The discussion was held at Newcastle City Hall on Wednesday 2 April and moderated by Kristen Keegan, CEO of the Hunter Business Chamber.
For more information about this discussion, contact the Office of Alumni and External Relations on +61 2 4921 7454 or email@example.com