WHO SHOULD APPLY?
LIVE IT! targets applications from male students living in NSW in year 9 who fall into the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE) defined student equity target groups.
These are Indigenous and non-Indigenous students:
- with a disability
- from low socio-economic backgrounds
- from remote and regional areas
- from non-English speaking backgrounds
- who are experiencing exceptional circumstances
Students should have an interest and potential (this may currently be unrealised) to complete years 11-12 and be willing to be challenged by new experiences and explore opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the steps below to complete your application:
Obtain a copy of the application form from your school or download it now.
- Tell us why you want to be part of LIVE IT! in 2013
- Ask your parent or guardian to provide supporting comments and sign your application
- Meet with your Year Adviser, Welfare Teacher, Careers Adviser or Aboriginal Education Officer to discuss your application and ask them to make comments in support of your application
- Obtain your Principal's signature supporting and approving your application for LIVE IT!
- Post or email your application by 5pm, Friday 28 June 2013
The Equity and Diversity Unit
MCG24 – McMullin Building
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
- A completed application does not guarantee acceptance into LIVE IT!
- Offers of a place will be made on the basis of information given on your application including equity information
- The decisions of the selection committee are final
- Students must be able to stay for the duration of LIVE IT!
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing by Friday 23 August 2013
- Payment of $50 to confirm attendance will be required by Friday 13 September 2013