applications for 2014 have now closed.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
LIVE IT! targets applications from male students in Year 9 who have an interest and potential (this may be unrealised) to complete years 11-12. Students may be experiencing a lack of exposure to higher education or face a variety of circumstances which could impact on their performance at school.
Specifically we are looking for students from low socio-economic backgrounds who may also:
- be from remote and regional areas
- have a disability
- identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- be from a refugee or non-English speaking background
- be experiencing exceptional circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the steps below to complete your application.
- Obtain a copy of the application form from your school or download it now.
- Tell us why you want to be part of LIVE IT! in 2014
- Ask your parent or guardian to provide supporting comments and sign your application
- Meet with your Year Adviser, Welfare Teacher, Careers Adviser or Aboriginal Education Officer to discuss your application and ask them to make comments in support of your application
- Obtain your Principal's signature supporting and approving your application for LIVE IT!
- Post or email your application by 5pm, Friday 18 July, 2014
The Equity and Diversity Unit
MCG24 - McMullin Building
The University of Newcastle
- There is no cost to apply.
- A completed application does not guarantee acceptance into LIVE IT!
- Offers of a place will be made on the basis of information given on your application including equity information.
- The decisions of the selection committee are final.
- Students must be able to stay for the duration of LIVE IT!
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing by Friday 22 August 2014 and will be required to pay $50 by Friday 12 September 2014 to confirm their attendance.