SUNDAY 14 TO THURSDAY 18 DECEMBER 2014
Applications for 2014 have now closed
This program is a five day residential university experience for male students in Year 9 from equity target groups across NSW. Students participate in a program of activities, lectures, workshops and industry visits which are designed to inspire students to build upon their potential to succeed in years 10, 11 and 12 and expose them to a wide range of study and career options that exist for HSC graduates.
LIVE IT! AIMS TO:
- boost a student's confidence in their ability to achieve at school
- identify the wide range of exciting and rewarding study and career options that exist for HSC graduates
- explain the value of further education
- experience life on campus like a real uni student
- learn about opportunities for their future
- develop their self-confidence and independence
- meet new people who have similar interests to them
- expand their awareness of career and study options
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Students will stay (fully supervised) in secure on campus university accommodation. Students will follow a timetable and complete on-campus activities related to science and maths subjects – including careers, lecture theatres, laboratories and classrooms. They will also undertake field trips to local organisations to see their possible future careers in action. For the complete university experience, the boys will experience the fun stuff too including a visit to The Forum Sports and Aquatic Centre.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
LIVE IT! is supported by Commonwealth Equity funds with most expenses covered, including accommodation, all meals and excursions. Students do have to pay a non-refundable fee of $50 (Incl. GST) upon acceptance of their application. They are also responsible for all travel costs to and from Newcastle.