We are amongst the most active in the sector in our school outreach work under the banner of AIM High. This program strives to increase the understanding of, and aspiration for, higher education among low socio-economic status schools and communities by offering a suite of tertiary education experiences to primary and high school students.
It builds on the University's strong track record as a national leader in the equity of access to higher education.
The experiences are delivered on campus, in schools and in the local community. The program uses innovative approaches to demonstrate the links between a students lived experience, classroom learning as well as career and study options.
AIM High partners with with selected primary and high schools in the Hunter, Central Coast and Mid-North Coast regions to develop and deliver the program by:
- ensuring program components are relevant and suitable for teachers, students and family members in the learning community
- creating clear links between the experiences offered and the curriculum
- identifying opportunities for integration with existing school and community projects
- identifying new opportunities for development
- continually reviewing and evaluating the individual program components and its effectiveness as a whole