Environmental Projects at The Tom Farrell Institute
The Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment provides a gateway to environmental research and teaching at the University of Newcastle. We help develop solutions for a sustainable future.
Current projects include:
- evaluation of microbial and nutrient export from an unsewered area at Salt Ash and analysing the impact on Tilligerry Creek estuary
- assessment of the effects of contaminants on the Sydney rock oyster
- protection of the endangered green and golden bell frog at Sydney Olympic Park
- study into the habitat and population viability of frogs in Wyong Shire
- Sustainable tourism and accommodation in the Hunter Valley vineyards
- impacts of sea level rise on the NSW south, central and north coasts
- care of injured and sick koalas in the Tilligerry Peninsula and Nelson Bay areas
- analysis of the impact of climate change on industries, land uses and activities
For more information see The Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment.