Health Events: Seminar Series by Professor Baranowski
The UoN Research Branch, Faculty of Health and Medicine, the PRC, and HMRI are hosting Professor Tom and Assistant Professor Janice Baranowksi for the week Monday 3rd March to 7th March 2014.
Tom Baranowski, Ph.D. is Professor of Pediatrics (Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity) with the USDA funded Children's Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. Prof Baranowski is principal investigator for three currently funded grants: an image-based software system for dietary assessment for children; a casual videogame to train effective vegetable parenting practices; and evaluating the effect of two videogames on obesity and diabetes risk. He has obtained over $US40million in grants and has published over 320 peer reviewed articles.
Please save the following dates for you diary:
If you would like to:
- Learn the secrets of publishing papers with IMPACT from someone who has succeeded in this?
- Improve your rate of success in publications?
- Improve your citation rate?
- Hear how a highly successful researcher has succeeded in publication?
(including a free light lunch)
- What are Serious Games for health?
- What are the recent developments in the area of e-health & video games?
- Learn what evidence says about the link between video games can behaviour change
- Can research and entrepreneurialism be compatible?
- Listen to how a lead researcher became a leader and innovator in his field and how links were developed between universities, government and the private sector.
- What does it take to be a successful innovator in research?
For further information click on the following link www.hmri.com.au/child-obesity-treatment-and-prevention-seminar
If you are interested in attending could you please respond by email
indicating the seminars you would like to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org