The 17triplezero IT Service Desk
The primary function of 17triplezero (IT Service Desk) is to provide a single point of contact for all IT related issues.
17triplezero undertakes this by:
- providing first point of contact, aiming to resolve 60% of calls at first point of contact (Level 1 Support).
- by escalating your issue to the appropriate 'resolver group' (Level 2 Support).
- by providing up to date information on current and planned system or service outages via the 17triplezero Service Portal.
When you contact 17triplezero you are dealing with a group of IT professionals who carry out a range of tasks as part of our Service Level Agreements. The same people you see setting up desktop computers, or visiting you to resolve an issue on-site, are the same people that answer phone calls to 17000, and deal with issues submitted on the Service Desk Portal or via email. You can be confident that your issue is treated professionally and in a timely manner.
The Service Desk staff are assisted by a group of Student Rovers, all of whom are undertaking IT related studies at The University of Newcastle (promotong our Student Engagement Model). The IT Rovers provide after hours support and have a particular empathy with problems encountered by students.
- Monthly average of phone calls to 17000:
- 2006 was 1879
- 2007 was 2203
- so far in 2008 a total of 2404. An increase of 78%.
- Most calls recorded in a month:
- 3402 in February 2008.
Jobs logged on the Service Portal and via email are not included in these figures.